Saturday 25 July 2009

Carry On Tuesday # 11

.
· John Lennon 9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980
·
A few of his quotes
.
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
.
All we are saying is give peace a chance. All you need is love.

I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity.
/
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
.
If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.
.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem.
.
Love and peace are eternal.
.
If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'.
.
And my favourite:-

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.
.
.



To return to home
page click HERE